Live Support

In-depth Discussions

Manhattan Cakes in London Road, Widley is to close down and be turned into a funeral parlour.

The Manhattan Cakes shop is a family run business, which makes cakes along with sandwiches and rolls. It also sells chocolate bars, crisps and fruit along with hot and cold drinks.

Residents are outraged about this decision, as the cake business is used for special occasions e.g. wedding and birthday, which are happy events. To see it get turned into a funeral parlour will see the place go from organising happy events to coping with sad events.

Manhattan Cakes

You need to be a member of People's Forum to add comments!

Join People's Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HELP this is not true. Manhattan cakes will still be there with an extended food range from M to F. this because the shop next door a 'Co-operative food' store is closing, and being converted into a Funeral branch. There are two other local Co-operative food stores nearby, run by the Local Southern Co-op at Purbrook and Crookhorn. They both are able to stock a wider range of foodstuffs etc. etc. and are open, I think from 6 or 7 to 10 or 11.00pm.
    • What do you the M and F mean?
      • Monday to Friday they previously opened M to Sat but I assume that as the Co-op is closing the food branch, they assume less pass trade will come, so are taking a chance to have a weekends off !!!
This reply was deleted.

Discussion Area

This area is for people to post and view discussions. You can use the the tabs at the top of the page to filter the discussion to the topics you want.

If you would like to start a discussion please click Add Discussion